Television is more interesting than people. If it were not, we would have people standing in the corners of our rooms.
20 Ways to Lose Weight
20 Ways to Lose Weight Weight Loss articles
20 Ways to Lose Weight articles
|Home > Lifestyle & Health > Weight Loss > 20 Ways to Lose Weight|
20 Ways to Lose Weight
1) Take it one step at a time, start by paying attention to what you eat. Cut back on fat and sweets and add more fruit and vegetables. After you have that under control, add exercise. If you hate to exercise try it for only 15 minutes a day at first, then a 1/2-hour. Keep in mind that while you are exercising you are burning calories and not eating. Also, it will be easier if you chose an activity that you enjoy.
2) Find a friend, it is always good to have support when you are trying to lose weight. Find a friend who wants to lose weight and compare notes, weigh-in together and maybe even have a contest.
3) Use weights, working out weights will build muscle and raise your metabolism so you will burn more calories. Also, muscle takes up less space than fat so you will be smaller (but probably weigh more).
4) Eat fewer carbs, don't eat as much bread and pasta and you will see a difference.
5) Set a goal, set a deadline to lose the weight and write it down. For example, ' By Dec 14 I will weigh 150 lbs or less'. Put it somewhere you will see it daily.
6) Give up soda, if you drink a soda or 2 a day you are adding empty calories. If you find it hard to stop completely, cut back at first and drink water instead.
7) Grill or boil, avoid fried meat, grill and use lots of spices. You will get used to it and probably enjoy it more.
8) Don't buy junk food, when you go shopping, don't go on an empty stomach and you will be less likely to buy junk food. Keep your home 'junk food free' so you won't be tempted to indulge.
9) Eat breakfast, consume most of your calories early in the day and always eat breakfast. Don't eat after 8pm and not only will you avoid those added calories but you will sleep better.
10) Give yourself a treat, when you tell yourself that you can't have something you want it more. Give yourself a treat once a day (i.e. half a cookie) and you won't feel you are missing out.
11) Use smaller plates, trick yourself into believing that you are eating more by using a smaller plate.
12) Drink lots of water, drink water when you are feeling hungry and you will get that 'full' feeling.
13) Don't eat everything on your plate; many times we eat just because it's there. Pay attention to when you have had enough.
14) Eat five or six meals a day, eating more frequently will keep you from getting too hungry.
15) Plan your workout sessions, write your workout sessions in your journal or planner.
16) Stay away from fad diets, fad diets don't work. If you lose weight fast chances are that you will gain it back (and more) just as fast. It takes time to put it on and time to take it off.
17) Do several workouts a day, while you are watching TV do crunches and leg lifts.
18) Measure your food, if you decide to have junk food for a snack be sure to measure and control what you eat.
19) Keep pre-cut vegetables and ward off those cravings.
20) Create Good Habits; it is a known fact that when we do something twenty-one times it becomes a habit. Create good eating habits.
Comments On This Post
No comments posted for this article, be the first!